Balala has worked various roles in the fitness industry including football and swimming. He is currently ranked as Kenya’s Top Triathlete for the past 7 years. He has competed in 2011 All African Games and 2014 Commonwealth Games. In 2014 he came 2nd in the All Africa Pan Arabian Championship in Egypt.
His objective with the Swim Academy is to develop our young swimmers, identify talent and create and inspire them to become great athletes.
- 2017 STA Level 2 Certificate in Swimming Teaching (QCF)
- 2017 STA Level 2 Award in Swimming Teaching (QCF)
- 2015 Fina - Swimming Coaches Course Level 2
- 2016 ACE Certified - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- 2017 STA Introduction to Risk Assessment
- 2017 STA Level 2 Award in Safety Award for Teachers (QCF)
His aim now is to compete in the 2018 Commonwealth Games to be held at the Gold Coast Australia.