All our instructors are certified and provide the highest level of professional training.
The Swim Academy (TSA) by Fitness First was established in January 2014. Lessons are available for all ages and abilities, with the option to join a group class or have a private lesson. With locations across Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
Our varied program consists of:
- Learn to swim
- Stroke development
- Swim squad
- Teen and adult swimming classes
- Adult Tri- swim classes
At TSA, we start children learning to swim independently in swim lessons once they reach age 3, at this age the children learn about water safety & confidence as well as swimming. Sessions include floating, breathing & kicking to help them gain a better feel for the water. These are the fundamental movements which will be used throughout the swimming program.
Swimmers under 3 years are suitable to participate in the Parent & Child classes which are run by BabySplash.
STA Training courses
We run a variety of Swimming Teachers Association (STA) training courses:
- STA International Swimming Teacher
- STA International Baby and pre school Teacher
- STA International Lifesaving Course for Swimming Teachers
The Swim Academy by Fitness First strives to provide a safe, enjoyable, comfortable environment that enables each student to realise their potential by testing their limits as a way to encourage continuous progress, achievement and growth.
Swimming Pool Guidelines
We are delighted to announce that our swimming pools and Swim Academy has re-opened, please be sure to read the new guidelines in place before joining us for a swim:
What to bring:
- Towels to use at the pool and for showering
- Swimming hat and goggles (optional)
- Membership Card
Swimming Pool Guidelines:
- Swimming will only be allowed during its opening hours
- In the absence of a Lifeguard, swimming is prohibited.
- Appropriate attire for swimming should be worn
- A swim cap is required and can be purchased at reception
- A shower is required before entering the pool
- Please adhere to the instructions given by lifeguards or pool attendants.
- For your own safety and comfort for other members and pool users, please refrain from running, jumping and diving into the pool.
- Glassware and crockery are strictly prohibited in the pool area.
- Please refrain from changing on the poolside and remain in appropriate swimwear at all times.
- Pool users are kindly requested to refrain from public displays of affection.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in the premise.
- The management does not hold responsibility for any loss, theft or damage caused to any item, valuables and personal belongings.
- Lockers are provided for your convenience and safety and the members are urged to use them.
- All persons using the facilities do so at their own risk.
- Fitness First Health Clubs and their associated companies do not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury, Loss, Fatality, or damage caused to any person or property brought into the club.
- In case of an accident or emergency please inform the nearest member of staff immediately.
Swim Academy is back:
- Fitness First Al Manzil
- Fitness First BurJuman
- Fitness First Dubai Media City (Adults only)
- Fitness First Mudon
- Fitness First Mirdif City Centre
- Fitness First Town Centre
- Fitness First The Lakes
Watch the Video
The Swim Academy has many locations across the country with various pools shallow enough for teaching & learning as well as fitness swimming. Recreation pools are available in the community clubs creating a very relaxed environment for learning to swim.
Fitness First Al Manzil
Fitness First BurJuman
Fitness First Dubai Media City (Adults only)
Fitness First Mudon
Fitness First Mirdif City Centre
Fitness First Uptown Mirdif
Fitness First Town Centre
Fitness First The Lakes
Fitness First Al Seef Mall
Fitness First Bawabat Al Sharq Mall
Fitness First Zero 6 Mall
Our Swim Programs
ImageSwim Academy Programs & Fees
Swim Academy Programs & Fees 2022-2023
Program Dates 2022
|Regular Program||5 Day Crash Course|
|Once a week -12 weeks block||One lesson per day- 5 days (Sunday-Thursday)|
|Twice a week - 6 weeks block|
|Three times a week - 4 weeks block|
Regular Program Course Rates
|Swimming Programme||Session||Time||Member||Non Member|
|Junior (3 years)||12||30 mins||AED 1008||AED 1260|
|Junior (4+ years)||12||30/45 mins||AED 756||AED 945|
|Adult||12||45 mins||AED 756||AED 945|
If you prefer Private Lessons please discuss this with your instructor at the assessment (please note we do not recommend One on One lessons for small children as they learn better with peers in a fun environment).
5 Day Crash Course Group Rates
|Junior 4+||Aed 315||Aed 394|
*Prices inclusive of VAT charges.
Frequently asked questions
Swimmers are also requested to wear the appropriate swimwear, trunks or costumes - not shorts or bikinis
Yes, a swim cap is required. A cap will be given at the time of the initial booking after the assessment and any replacement caps can be purchased at the club reception
Payment must be made to confirm your space. This can be done at reception for via payment link.
We offer free assessments in which the swim instructor will see the best suited class for you and discuss your options
24 hours notice is required if you are unable to attend a session. There is no credit or reimbursement of fees for group sessions unattended. If swimmers do not attend their scheduled session they miss the lesson or they can check the availability for a make-up class with your instructor.
If a swimmer is not able to attend their scheduled session for any reason and they miss the lesson they can check the availability for a make-up class directly with the instructor. There is a maximum of 2 make-up classes permitted within a block of 12 sessions, each class must be made up within 2 weeks of the session missed.
Please note a make-up class is not a credit – all classes must be completed within 12 weeks of the booking.
Please ensure children aged 7 and under are supervised by an adult to the registration table at the lesson time, children at this age often don't know when their lesson is starting and cannot be expected to get themselves there.
Swimmers are requested to be ready for the lesson (with their hat and goggles on) 5 minutes prior to the lesson. If a swimmer is more than 5 minutes late to the session s/he may not be allowed to join the class as it can be disruptive to the other learners.
Late arrival is disruptive and inconsiderate to the rest of the class, and nothing can be more disruptive to a child's development than irregular attendance. Consistency and routine are very important to every child's learning.
Further to recent NSPCC advice we are required to inform parents and guardians that there are aspects of our teaching which require a 'hands on' technique. This type of physical contact between instructors and swimmers will be in full view and will be used for the following reasons:
- Where it is essential to support the swimmer during the early stages of learning a skill for safety reasons.
- To develop the skill and technique (e.g. placing the swimmer in the correct position/posture).
- To prevent an injury
- To administer first aid to an injury.
Please let us know on joining the program if you are uncomfortable with any aspect of this teaching technique
For personal protection photographs are not permitted to be taken of any swimmers in the water without written permission. If any promotional/marketing photos or videos are being taken you will be made aware and asked for your written consent.