All our instructors are certified and provide the highest level of professional training.
The Swim Academy (TSA) by Fitness First was established in January 2014. Our program is designed for all ages and abilities with over 500 classes operating across Dubai from Uptown Mirdif to Burjuman to Emirates Living. The swim program includes learn-to-swim, stroke development and a competitive swim squad. We also have a full teen & adult program including fitness sessions.
At TSA, we start children learning to swim independently in swim lessons once they reach age 3, at this age the children learn about water safety & confidence as well as swimming. Sessions include floating, breathing & kicking to help them gain a better feel for the water. These are the fundamental movements which will be used throughout the swimming program.
Once our swimmers have the basic fundamentals they will progress through the levels as their skills develop.
Swimmers under 3 years are suitable to participate in the Parent & Child classes which are run by BabySplash.
We run a variety of courses including Swimming Teachers Association (STA) Swimming Teacher courses and lifesaving courses – these are scheduled as required.
The Swim Academy by Fitness First strives to provide a safe, enjoyable, comfortable environment that enables each student to realise their potential by testing their limits as a way to encourage continuous progress, achievement and growth.
Swimming Pool Guidelines
We are delighted to announce that our swimming pools and Swim Academy has re-opened, please be sure to read the new guidelines in place before joining us for a swim:
What to bring:
- Towels to use at the pool and for showering
- Swimming hat and goggles (optional)
- Membership Card
Swimming Pool Guidelines:
- All members must adhere to social distancing of 2 metres from each other whilst in the swimming pool/pool area.
- Changing Facilities (Showers, Lockers and Toilets) are now available for all members to use.
- Face masks must be worn by members but can be removed for strenuous activity and whilst inside the pool
- Members must shower prior to entering the swimming pool.
- Pool access is based on a first come first served basis. Capacity in the pool is limited based on social distancing rules.
- When lanes are in place, lanes less than 2.5m wide, only 1 Swimmer ONLY permitted per lane. 2.5m or Wider, a maximum 3 Swimmers are permitted to swim in the lane.
- Swimmers must Swim in a clockwise direction within lanes, maintaining at least 5m ahead / behind each swimmer.
- Members should select swim lanes based on their personal ability / speed to enable Social Distancing and 5m spacing rules to be maintained.
- Any parents in attendance poolside, must maintain Social Distancing of minimum 2 metres.
- Lifeguard requests and directions must be respected and followed, to ensure everyone’s safety and compliance with Local Municipal requirements.
- ONLY Family Groups (Family members living in the same household) are permitted to forego Social Distancing rules, and up-to Max 5 Family Group Members are permitted in a Swim Lane.
Swim Academy is back:
- Fitness First Al Manzil
- Fitness First BurJuman
- Fitness First Dubai Media City (Adults only)
- Fitness First Mudon
- Fitness First Mirdif City Centre
- Fitness First Uptown Mirdif
- Fitness First Town Centre
- Fitness First The Lakes
Watch the Video
The Swim Academy has many locations across the country with various pools shallow enough for teaching & learning as well as fitness swimming. Recreation pools are available in the community clubs creating a very relaxed environment for learning to swim.
Fitness First Al Manzil
Fitness First BurJuman
Fitness First Dubai Media City (Adults only)
Fitness First Mudon
Fitness First Mirdif City Centre
Fitness First Uptown Mirdif
Fitness First Town Centre
Fitness First The Lakes
Fitness First Al Seef Mall
Fitness First Bawabat Al Sharq Mall
Fitness First Zero 6 Mall
Our Swim Programs
ImageSwim Academy Programs & Fees
Swim Academy Programs & Fees 2019-2020
Program Dates 2019-2020
|Ongoing Weekly Course Dates||5 Day Crash Course Dates|
|Once a week-12 weeks block||One lesson per day-5 days (Sunday-Thursday)|
|September 2019 - 13 December 2019 11 January 2020- 27 March 2020 11 April 2020 - 3 July 2020||29 March 2020- 9 April 2020 5 July 2020 - End Of August|
Ongoing Weekly Course Group Rates
|Swimming Programme||Session||Time||Member||Non Member|
|Junior||Junior (3 years)||12||30 mins||AED 1008||AED 1260|
|Junior (4+ years)||12||30/45 mins||AED 756||AED 945|
|Adult||Adult||12||45 mins||AED 756||AED 945|
If you prefer Private Lessons please discuss this with your instructor at the assessment (please note we do not recommend One on One lessons for small children as they learn better with peers in a fun environment).
5 Day Crash Course Group Rates
|Age 4+||Aed 315 Per Week||Aed 394 Per Week|
|Age 3||Aed 420 Per Week||Aed 525 Per Week|
*Prices inclusive of VAT charges.
It is a requirement of The Swim Academy by Fitness First that swimmers wear a swimming cap while in the water. A cap will be given at the time of the initial booking after the assessment and any replacement caps can be purchased at the club reception. Swimmers are also requested to wear the appropriate swimwear, trunks or costumes - not shorts or bikinis.
Full payments must be made at the time of booking or ‘top-up’- no reservations or bookings can be made without payment.
There is no credit or reimbursement of fees for group sessions unattended. If swimmers do not attend their scheduled session they miss the lesson or they can check the availability for a make-up class with your instructor.
For private classes, in the event of injury or illness a minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required and a doctor's note must be presented in order to have sessions credited.
If a swimmer is not able to attend their scheduled session for any reason and they miss the lesson they can check the availability for a make-up class directly with the instructor. There is a maximum of 2 make-up classes permitted within a block of 12 sessions, each class must be made up within 2 weeks of the session missed.
Please note a make-up class is not a credit – all classes must be completed within 12 weeks of the booking.
Swimmers must ensure they attend all sessions. Please ensure children aged 7 and under are supervised by an adult to the registration table at the lesson time, children at this age often don't know when their lesson is starting and cannot be expected to get themselves there.
Notification by the student/parent of inability to attend a class/session is requested as a courtesy to the instructor. Swimmers who miss more than 2 consecutive sessions must show a medical note. Non-attendance will cause a swimmer to fall behind which, in turn, affects the whole group. Too many sessions not attended may result in a change of group or suspension until the following term to ensure maximum learning environment within our swimming program.
It is advised that swimmers attend one swimming program as it has been proved that different approaches from more than one coach at one time are detrimental to the swimmers progress.
Swimmers are requested to be ready for the lesson (with their hat and goggles on) 5 minutes prior to the lesson. If a swimmer is more than 5 minutes late to the session s/he may not be allowed to join the class as it can be disruptive to the other learners.
Late arrival is disruptive and inconsiderate to the rest of the class, and nothing can be more disruptive to a child's development than irregular attendance. Consistency and routine are very important to every child's learning.
Swimmers must behave in a manner acceptable to the swim instructor and that unsuitable behaviour may result in his/her expulsion from further participation in the swimming program, without further notice or refund at the discretion of The Swim Academy.
- Further to recent NSPCC advice we are required to inform parents and guardians that there are aspects of our teaching which require a 'hands on' technique. This type of physical contact between instructors and swimmers will be in full view and will be used for the following reasons:
- Where is essential to support the swimmer during the early stages of learning a skill for safety reasons.
- To develop the skill and technique (e.g. placing the swimmer in the correct position/posture).
- To prevent an injury To administer first aid to an injury.
- Please let us know on joining the program if you are uncomfortable with any aspect of this teaching technique.- Be part of the team. Stay with the Club squad on poolside. If you leave poolside for any reason you must tell one of the coaches where you are going.
The following rules apply when representing Fitness First Swim Academy at any competition.
- In the water it is best to wear a swimming hat - it should be the official club hat.
- On poolside swimmers should wear The Swim Academy kit.
- Children are not advised to wear a rash vest unless they are learning to swim in direct sunlight. If a rash vest is required it must be the correct size and fitted as excess drag can be detrimental to their learning.
- Make sure you have all your kit ready for the session: fins, kick board, pull buoy and paddles. Always check you have your hat & goggles and keep a spare set in your bag.
- Arrive for the session on time.
- Listen to your coach/instructor. If you don't understand please ask.
- Always swim to the end of the lane. Let faster swimmers through.
- When you have finished a set or got to the end of the lane get out of the way for swimmers who have not.
- Be part of the team. Stay with the Club squad on poolside. If you leave poolside for any reason you must tell one of the coaches where you are going.
- Support your team mates.
- Be in your team kit and ensure that you have everything you need. The correct colour swimming hat for competitions is worn.
Swimmers who participate in galas or events are required as a point of sportsmanship and common courtesy to the other teams/swimmers and their own team mates to remain until the end of prize presentation at all events
Swimmers should be present to congratulate their competitors as they would like when they perform well.
I agree to give my consent for videos/photographs to be taken of me/my swimmers during the swim sessions when necessary and for this to be used for training and/or marketing purposes.
For personal protection photographs are not permitted to be taken by parents/guardians/friends of any swimmers in the water without written permission from The Swim Academy management.
No entry for Child is unable to Competently Swim in Deep End and not a participant in a Swim Academy Lesson
Access ONLY Permitted under 'Controls' for: U 16 yrs: Direct Parent Supervision required, or as a participant in a Swim Academy Lesson. U 30 mths: MANDATORY swim nappies required.
Normal Individual Access Permitted : 16 yrs, but MUST BE able to swim competently in pool deep end